Have you ever wondered what was in the best protein shakes for women on the market? Believe it or not, most of the best protein shakes for women and men have the same ingredients, and also tend to have similar effects once they are used on the regular. If you have been considering trying out a protein shake for your own diet needs, here’s what you need to know about the ingredients you want.
- You will need to look for a shake that has either whey or a soy-based protein (if you are vegan). Many of the best protein shakes for women are whey-based, simply because they are easier to absorb than shakes that are made from other protein sources. Vegan options include soy and spirulina based shakes.
- Most of the best shakes for women will not include heavy amounts of sugar – even though there is something to be said about a tasty protein shake. It’s possible to have a good tasting protein shake without having to resort to several tablespoons’ worth of sugar. Also, if you ever see a protein shake with high fructose corn syrup, RUN!
- You might also notice that some of the better protein shakes will also include a certain amount of supplements in them. It’s impressive how many protein shakes can double as an excellent weight loss supplement. With more and more shakes incorporating ingredients that double as high efficiency fat burners, it’s easy to see why some people are now saving cash on their supplements.
- Always look for ingredients that boost the protein shake’s vitamin content. Women need more vitamins than men, especially if they are choosing to implement a work out. Women who want to keep healthy later on should look for shakes that have at least 30% of their daily value of Vitamin D and/or calcium after being mixed. Iron, Vitamin A, and Folate are also excellent finds in a good protein shake.
- The best protein shakes may have a vitamin B complex in them, but they will not likely have any caffeine in them. Seeing a protein shake with caffeine in it is basically seeing a shake that is guaranteed to give you the jitters. On the other hand, a vitamin B complex boost mixed in will give you the energy that you want to have in your workout without having to worry about the sudden crash or jitters associated with larger amounts of caffeine.
Generally speaking, your local fitness instructor, as well as the customer service crew of your favorite weight loss supplement store, will likely be able to tell you volumes about the best protein shakes for women. If you are unsure whether a shake is right for you, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Chances are that you’ll find a delicious, highly nutritious shake that will boost your stamina like nothing else will.